The Lord Is My Shepherd

The word of the well-known Psalm 23 have brought comfort to million the world over. The psalm tells us of our sovereign God’s desire to refresh His precious children – chosen before the foundations o the world, before time began – of His faithfulness to guide them safely through all life’s trials to His heavenly home.

The psalm beautifully describes our Lord Jesus as the Shepherd. He said, “I am the good Shepherd and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.” John 10:14-15.

Truly our Lord gave His life for you and me, to pay for our sins that we maybe considered back to our Holy Father.

The eternal Word of God makes it clear that we are all like sheep that have gone astray, each one turning to his own way and our Father God laid on Jesus the iniquity of all of us. But the Lord Jesus calls us back to Him. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28. “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

The Lord Jesus gave up His life on Calvary’s rugged cross. He died for us and on the 3rd day He rose again, forever breaking the power of sin and death. And now, seated at the right hand of the Father, He promises, “And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” John 10:28

Dear readers, if you have never trusted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, why not receive Him today? The Bible says, today is the day of salvation for tomorrow may never come. Then the promise of Psalm 23 will be yours.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Recent Miracle In Egypt

The Ant And The Contact Lens: a true story

The Power Of Prayer