Facing Our Fears

Fear can creep into a person's life and wraps itself around his mind and heart. This happens so subtly that he doesn't recognize how anxiety has affected his decision-making, his health, and his spirit. Ultimately, many people miss God's best. Their lack of faith keeps them from stepping out to do His will.

The fear may seem unimportant at first. But left unchecked, it can interfere with our lifestyle. Physically, tension may keep us from relaxing and enjoying the best each day has to offer. Constant anxiety can lead to health problems. Our mind can become clouded by fear, which can limit what we're willing to think about and consider. Once that happens, our dreams and creativity will almost certainly be stifled.

Most dangerous to our spiritual lives is the mental paralysis that often accompanies unchecked fear. Unless it is submitted to God, a single anxiety can easily rule over us and color our attitude with a general sense of uneasiness. We become indecisive and worry that we will make poor decisions. This mindset entraps us, as we try to avoid anything that might cause fear. As a result, we stop growing as Christians, and our work and family life suffers.

This is a worst-case scenario. But, fear can affect you in many ways. When you attempt to ignore your anxiety or work around it, you aren't placing complete trust in God and following Him wholeheartedly. Make an honest assessment of your life, and ask the Lord to reveal instances where fear is holding you back.

Psalm 26:1-6
[1] Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
[2] Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
[3] For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
[4] I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
[5] I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
[6] I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Recent Miracle In Egypt

The Ant And The Contact Lens: a true story

The Power Of Prayer