Posts

Showing posts from August, 2011

Happy Sunday

Image
It's a rainy Sunday! For a few days now, it's been raining cats and dogs due to typhoon Mina. I was praying to the Lord that it will not rain hard today so people will go to church. The Lord answers prayers. The people who were present this morning in our worship service were more than what we expected. Hubby prepared his message a few days ago entitled Christ as Lord in our Lives and the text verse is found in Colosians 3:1. We had a good service today though it showered a little bit this morning. Thank you Lord for you are the Lord in our lives. Jesus the Boss, Lord of lords and King of kings!

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-3 KJV

Forgive and Forget

Image
It's really hard to forgive others who did us wrong especially if that person is one whom you consider as a friend.

I used to have a neighbor who came and cleaned the house three times a week. She did some house chores like vacuuming, mopping, washing dishes, dusting, throwing out the trash and cleaning the bathroom. She worked for me for seven months and we became friends. She's the first Mexican woman who became my friend. Before she starts her work, we go out walking first for our exercise. While we were out walking, I asked her to take photos of me with the nice scenery that we passed by with my digital camera. Every time she make tortillas, she gave us a bunch and she even showed me how to do it. In return I gave her lumpia and pancit whenever I cook. I also tried to witness to her about the Lord Jesus Christ and invited her to church with her 2 grandkids. After 5 months though, I noticed that some of my jewelries were missing. The diamond ring that my hubby gave me and t…

Marygen's Testimony

Image
We had a great service last Sunday. Though there were some members who were absent, we felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. As usual, we started the service with opening prayer followed with congregational singing of hymns and praise songs. After that, we had the testimony time. One young mom stood up and shared her testimony. Her name is Marygen. She's been attending our church since February and was baptized in water last May. The past few weeks, she haven't been attending church because her husband had to go to the field to plant rice and she had to take care of her son.

Then one day she had colds and that started both of her hears can't hear. She became literally deaf and can't hear anything. She said day and night she was praying to the Lord, crying out her heart to God. She asked forgiveness from the Lord for not going to church for 4 Sundays. She believed that God chastised her for not going to church. She promised that if the Lord will restore her sense of hea…

Free Bibles

Image
Yesterday, hubby and I went to attend the orientation and to pick up the free Bibles from the Philippine Bible Society. We arrived there at 10AM because we were in the second batch. The first batch was not yet finished when we arrived and I was surprised to see a lot of pastors and ministers from different churches who were there to attend the orientation and to pick up free Bibles too. We have to pay Ph165 for the registration and they gave each church 50 Bibles and also 40 pieces free visual aids for the kids in my Sunday School with matching story and Bible reference at the back. We were also given 20 booklets of the Book of John. We saved more than Ph7000 just for the Bibles alone.

During the orientation, the speaker told us that the donor of the Bibles is the Generic Pharmacy. They give out 1 million Bibles yearly to the Filipinos. According to the statistics in 2010, there are more than 94,013,200 million Filipinos and only 40% Filipinos own Bibles while the other 60% don't …